Clothing, Hair, and Makeup
- I do not recommend pairing lights and darks together for outfits- especially extremes such as white and black. Stick lights with lights and darks with darks.
- Make sure you iron all of your clothes prior to your session and check for stains!
- Be sure to bring a variety of outfits. It’s always a good idea to bring long-sleeved options even when being photographed in the summer.
- Glasses can pose the problem of glare in photos. You can either choose to not wear your glasses for your session or take out the lenses.
- Do not over-tan! Too much color is unflattering in photos and can make your face look larger than it is. Plus, tan lines can show up in your images.
- Your fingernails will show in your photos! Make sure your nails are groomed and don't have chipped polish. I suggest a clear polish or french manicure that will go with anything you wear.
- I don't recommend changing your hair drastically with cuts or color too soon before your session. You want feel comfortable in your appearance!
- Wear the appropriate undergarments for your clothing. Nude colored bras and underwear will not show and are the best choice. DO NOT wear a white bra underneath a white shirt! It will absolutely show through!
- Proper makeup application is essential to polished final images. This is why even if you don't usually wear much or any makeup, it is necessary for your portraits. My makeup artist will be able to accommodate any look you're going for and will help you look your best.
- When choosing outfits, make sure everything fits you correctly and is classic. Aztec leggings and crop tops are going to date your pictures and you'll be embarrassed with them within a few years, I guarantee it.
Need some clothing inspiration? Click here!